Carlos DeLuna Never Stopped Telling Authorities,
“I didn’t do it, but I know who did.”
Turns Out He Was Right, but Texas Killed Him Anyway.
After years of investigation the Columbia Human Rights Law Review, has gathered a stack of evidence 10 feet high indicating not only was Carlos DeLuna innocent of the 1983 murder of Wanda Lopez, he knew who really killed her. Even more shocking is that it seems key members of the prosecution knew he was telling the truth.
Los Tocayos Carlos, a book-length monograph and comprehensive website published by Columbia has made all the evidence available (crime-scene photos, law enforcement and court records,newspaper and TV coverage, police audiotape of the manhunt ending in DeLuna’s arrest, videotaped interviews,) so readers can decide for themselves.
Sadly this is not an isolated incident. There is very strong evidence to suggest Texas has killed four other innocent men since 1976.
- Ruben Cantu Texas Convicted: 1985, Executed: 1993
- David Spence Texas Conviction: 1984, Executed: 1997
- Gary Graham Texas Convicted: 1981, Executed: 2000
- Claude Jones Texas Convicted 1989, Executed 2000
- Cameron Willingham Texas Convicted: 1992, Executed: 2004
- Troy Davis Georgia Conviction: 1991, Executed: 2011
- Wrong man was executed in Texas, probe says (undisputedlegal.wordpress.com)
- Carlos DeLuna Wrongfully Executed In Texas, Says Report (inquisitr.com)
- The Execution of Cameron Willingham (counterpunch.org)
- INNOCENCE: New Evidence That Texas May Have Executed an Innocent Man (claimyourinnocence.wordpress.com)
- Texas executed an innocent man: Study (todayonline.com)